Monument record MDR15027 - 'Well Croft' well (site of), Locko Park, Dale Abbey and Stanley

Type and Period (1)

  • (Medieval to Georgian - 1250 AD to 1799 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A piece of land described as 'Well Croft' where a well can be seen on the land belonging to The Preceptory of the Knight's of St. Lazarus at Locko. Beighton's map of 1766 confims this where the site of a well can be seen on line with a footpath and watercourse. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Article in serial: Marcombe, D (University of Nottingham). 1991. 'The Preceptory of the Knights of St Lazarus at Locko', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 111, pp 51-63.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4117 3893 (148m by 139m)
Civil Parish DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Civil Parish STANLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 14 2015 11:52AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.