Monument record MDR15029 - Hambleton Farmstead (site of), Locko Park, Dale Abbey

Type and Period (1)

  • (Elizabethan to Georgian - 1600 AD to 1799 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Hornbuckle's house (SMR 18770) was adjoined by a later, smaller farmstead occupied by Robert Hambleton, comprised of just over 69 acres. It is impossible to say if it was included in the confines of The Preceptory of the Knight's of St. Lazarus at Locko. Evidence of an ancient trackway indicates a logical placement for the farmstead. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Article in serial: Marcombe, D (University of Nottingham). 1991. 'The Preceptory of the Knights of St Lazarus at Locko', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 111, pp 51-63.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4098 3891 (162m by 93m)
Civil Parish DALE ABBEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 14 2015 11:53AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.