Building record MDR15087 - The Black Boy Inn, Old Road, Heage

Type and Period (1)

  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Most pubs of this name carried the sign of the head of Charles II, and it is probable that this one first displayed it. The important, Cow Club meetings were held here in the 19th century, one volume of its records is preserved in the local studies collection at Derby. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Judge, T (Ripley Historical Group). 1993. Some places of interest in Heage Village.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3700 5028 (23m by 35m)
Civil Parish RIPLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Feb 16 2015 12:13PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.