Monument record MDR15184 - Former stable block, Main Road, Heath

Type and Period (1)

  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1830 AD to 1870 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A single-storey mid 19th century L-plan stable block that has been identified as making an important contribution to the Heath Village Conservation Area. It is constructed of coursed coal measures sandstone, with quoins and a plain clay tiled roof. The west range has four stable doors, three with segmental arches, one with a concrete lintel, and a single central window opening with a segmental arch. The south range has a single stable door and window opening to the left, with segmental arches and a former double opening, now with a stable door and windows installed [2000]. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: North East Derbyshire District Council. 2000. Heath Village Conservation Area, Character Statement. Building No. 3, p. 16.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 4466 6656 (15m by 21m)
Civil Parish HEATH AND HOLMEWOOD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Sep 14 2017 11:24AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.