Monument record MDR1523 - ?Lime Kiln, 600m south west of Vincent House, Hartington Town Quarter
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Put forward to DOE by PDMHS in 1976. (1). There is no record of a lime kiln on the Ordnance Survey historical maps. Old Lead Mines are recorded at this location. (2-4).
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. C163, 1976.
- <2> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1320 6279 (189m by 157m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 19 2003 3:17PM