Monument record MDR15276 - Boundary banks, Mirchill Bank, Castleton
Type and Period (2)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Stuart - 1691 AD to 1700 AD)
- BOUNDARY BANK (Stuart to Georgian - 1690 AD to 1750 AD?)
- None recorded
Two low stony banks. The north-west to south-east bank was built in or shortly after 1691 and became redundant between 1841 and 1922. The other, at right angles to the first, probably has a similar explanation, although it does not appear on the map of 1691 and maps after 1819. (1)
- <1> SDR20408 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1992. Aston Hall, land at Castleton, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1992. Feature No. 58.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1504 8215 (158m by 124m)|
|Civil Parish||CASTLETON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 9 2017 3:46PM