Two ploughed-down banks running parallel to each other across the narrow flood plain. They appear similar to those documented nearby (see SMR7030) but it is unclear if they are of a similar age or are later features that are part of the late-medieval to post-medieval enclosure of the valley. In the latter case, the boundaries were probably gone by the 19th century, as they are not marked on maps of 1804 onwards. (1)
Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1991. Bank Top Farm, Hartington Town Quarter, Derbyshire, archaeological survey 1991.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 1249 6214 (61m by 35m)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 10 2015 2:25PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.