Continuing along Ladygrove Road, and passing Denacre Lane on the left, is Dakeyne's Flax Mill of 1789 alongside the Ladygrove Brook [see SMR 9831]. After passing the mill, on the right is a dwelling with a barn-like structure attached to it. This was the Darley Dale Mineral Water Company, whose inscribed pop bottles, with glass marble stoppers, are sometimes found in the area. (1)
Using the description above, and the modern OS Mastermap , the former mineral water company was housed in what is now named 'Old Mill House'. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Jackson, L. 2002. Darleys in the Dale: Echoes from the Valley. p. 63.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2861 6287 (17m by 12m)
DARLEY DALE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2015 4:21PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.