Find Spot record MDR1581 - Mace-head, Garratt Piece, Middleton and Smerrill
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
SK 17 62. Bronze Age pebble macehead with hour glass perforation found on Garratt Piece, Middleton-by-Youlgreave, in October 1854. (1,2, 6)
- <1> SDR7282 Bibliographic reference: Howarth, E. 1899. Catalogue of the Bateman Collection of Antiquities in the Sheffield Public Museum. p10.
- <2> SDR10531 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 1495. 1495.
- <3> SDR13580 Article in serial: Roe, F and Radley, J. 1967. 'Pebble mace-heads with hour-glass perforations from Yorks, Notts & Derbys', Yorkshire Archaeology Journal. Volume 42. p177.
- <4> SDR2980 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1855. Descriptive Catalogue of the Antiquities at Lomberdale House. G308.
- <5> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <6> SDR16368 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J J (ed). 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic Sites in England and Wales: Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Research Report 20.
|Grid reference||SK 17 62 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON AND SMERRILL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 13 2019 1:55PM