Building record MDR15995 - The William IV Public House, Derby Road, Milford Bridge, Belper

Type and Period (3)

  • (Georgian to Hanoverian - 1800 AD to 1832 AD)
  • (Georgian to Hanoverian - 1800 AD to 1832 AD)
  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

A Grade II listed, early 19th century, three-storey five bay Inn at the head of Milford Bridge. Built of coursed stone with a slate roof, the southern three bays form a symmetrical facade with a later central porch and Inn sign above. All windows are in original sash-window spaces but some of the glazing is now modern. There is a northern two-storey wing and brick chimneys. Adjoins Quarry Bends House [SMR40309] to the north and the former Ebenezer Methodist Chapel [SMR28700] to the south. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1087343.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 3514 4511 (13m by 22m)
Civil Parish BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
World Heritage Site Derwent Valley Mills

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Dec 21 2018 9:27AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.