A Grade II listed war memorial c. 1920, probably by Sir Reginald Blomfield, in the grounds of St Helen's House. Built from Portland stone ashlar with an octagonal base of three moulded steps. It has a canted square base carrying a square pedestal, with an inscribed stone tablet on one face and bronze plaques on the others, and a Moulded cornice. Above is a square obelisk supported on four balls, with a bronze wreath to the front, and bronze plaques on the other sides. The memorial commemorates former pupils of Derby Grammar School who died in the 20th century World Wars. (1)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1246236.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 3502 3678 (point)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 20 2021 2:12PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.