A symmetrical pair of two-storeyed stone houses, Grade II listed, built by Joseph Paxton and dated circa 1850. There is a central gable and a window having three arched lights in a plain surround; an open porch at each side with rusticated openings at the front and on the returned sides, having semi-circular heads and keyblocks; recessed wings at the sides each having a window with a plain dog-eared lintel above a semi-circular headed window with a wheel fanlight; false quoins at the sides; bold open eaves and gable verges; and a low-pitch slate roof. Listed for group value with the Footbridge at north side of Nos 38 & 40 Matlock Green [SMR30860] and Bridge House [SMR30861].
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1248035.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3039 5975 (22m by 14m)
MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.