A Grade II listed building c. 1850, probably designed by Paxton. A plain stone building of two storeys, one side is windowless and with two doorways: one square-headed and one with a segmental arch with a keyblock (obviously reused) engraved with the date 1787. The west side has two small-paned iron casement windows and the gable facing the road, and one semi-circular headed window. The rear gable has a plain doorway at the first storey and a flight of stone steps up from the side. It has bold projecting eaves and fish-scale slates, partly repaired with slates. Appears to have been in long use as a warehouse and in need of repair. This building and Nos 38 and 40 Matlock Green (Swiss Cottages) [SMR30861] form a group with the footbridge to the north on the south-west side of side of Nos 38 and 40 Matlock Green [SMR30860]. (1)
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1248287.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 3037 5974 (6m by 9m)
MATLOCK TOWN, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.