Skip to main content

Listed Building record MDR16296 - Two former barns located behind 49-69 Cromford Hill & 13-47 North Street, Cromford

Type and Period (1)

  • (Georgian to Victorian - 1767 AD to 1841 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

Full Description

Two Grade II listed buildings, formerly barns, from the late 18th or early 19th century (marked on 1841 Tithe Map), located to the rear of the thunderboxes at 49-69 The Hill [SMR33922] and 13-47 North Street [SMR29757]. Built of roughly coursed rubble with a tiled roof to the right-hand building, corrugated iron to the left-hand building, both under different roof levels and with a vertical masonry joint between. Both buildings have doorways, that to left with a stone lintel, both with planked doors, and one first-floor opening. The right-hand building has a blocked three-light chamfered and rebated stone mullioned window to the ground floor which looks inserted. There are no openings to the end and rear walls. See list description for further details. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. NHLE No. 1249111.



Grid reference Centred SK 2941 5671 (10m by 8m)
World Heritage Site Derwent Valley Mills

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Nov 7 2023 3:46PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.