The Fountain, Market Place, Belper, erected in 1881.
From the National Heritage List for England:
'MARKET PLACE 1. 5167 The Fountain SK 3547 3/139 II GV 2. 1881. Polygonal white stone fountain erected to commemorate the paving of the Market Place in 1881 by G Strutt. Gothic arched blind panels and polygonal cap formerly carrying lamp. Two bronze lions heads each with small pink polished granite bowl below on opposing faces.
Listing NGR: SK3507247467.'
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1335269?section=official-list-entry.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
SK 35072 47467 (point)
BELPER, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE
World Heritage Site
Derwent Valley Mills
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2022 6:16PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.