Monument record MDR16533 - Mesolithic flint scatter, Salter Sitch, Totley Moor
Type and Period (1)
- FLINT SCATTER (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- None recorded
SK 287 786. In 1963, over 100 Mesolithic black chert blades, flakes and wasters were found by J Radley on Totley Moor. A core and eight microliths were also found. (1, 2) A microlith of white flint was found at SK 288 787 by L B Cooper in August 1965. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR23712 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). NDAT 1278.
- <2> SDR16371 Article in serial: Radley, J and Marshall, G. 1963. 'Mesolithic sites in south west Yorkshire', The Yorkshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 41. p. 175.
- <3> SDR23713 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). NDAT 1280.
- <4> SDR4046 Unpublished document: Cooper, L B. 19??. Notes.
|Grid reference||SK 288 786 (point)|
|Civil Parish||HOLMESFIELD, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 28 2016 2:57PM