Building record MDR16568 - Agricultural/industrial building (remains of), Wormhill Moor
Type and Period (3)
- BUILDING (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- FIELD BARN ? (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- INDUSTRIAL BUILDING ? (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
There is a building situated at this location on the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. It is not present on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1, 2) The remains of the building can be seen on modern mapping and aerial photographs. It is likely to be a field barn, or perhaps a building associated with the formerly adjacent Great Rocks Lime Works [see MDR16567]. (3, 4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <3> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
- <4> SDR20894 *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. http://maps.google.com/. Website viewed 22/06/2016.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0957 7639 (11m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||WORMHILL, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 22 2016 2:29PM