Skip to main content

Monument record MDR16594 - Farm buildings (remains of), south of Linton

Type and Period (2)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

A series of buildings labelled as 'Woodfield House' are situated here on the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. (1) They are named 'Far Close Farm' by the 2nd edition 25" OS map of c. 1900. (2) The farm buildings are still extant and in use by the 4th edition 25" OS map of 1937-8. (3) The farm obviously fell out of use in the 20th century, as there is nothing apparent on modern OS mapping [2016]. There are, however, wall foundations / ruined walls visible at this location on Google Maps aerial photographs. (4, 5)

Sources/Archives (5)

  • <1> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <2> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <3> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
  • <4> Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
  • <5> *Internet Web Site: Google Maps. Website viewed 25/07/2016.



Grid reference Centred SK 2707 1599 (38m by 41m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Aug 3 2016 3:23PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.