Find Spot record MDR1660 - Flint implements, Middleton Moor, Middleton and Smerrill
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Early Mesolithic to Late Bronze Age - 10000 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
SK 17 63. Flint implements found on Middleton Moor. (1-4). Collection includes: A small ?Mesolithic flint core and a flint knife with pressure flaking along one edge found in 1865. A flint ?Neolithic/Bronze Age scraper found in 1866. A flint implement, 3.3 inches long, purchased by Bateman in 1846 found in an unknown year. A flint knife purchased by Bateman in 1854 found in an unknown year. (1,2,4). Three flint implements found in 1848. [Possibly already recorded in SMR 10148]. (3). The point on the map has been removed as the grid reference is only four figures long. (5).
- <1> SDR10556 Index: NDAT. 1523. 1523.
- <2> SDR7282 Bibliographic reference: Howarth, E. 1899. Catalogue of the Bateman Collection of Antiquities in the Sheffield Public Museum. p46,51.
- <3> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. 1531.
- <4> SDR2980 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1855. Descriptive Catalogue of the Antiquities at Lomberdale House. K11,307,920.
- <5> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Not displayed (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MIDDLETON AND SMERRILL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 17 2011 10:28AM