Site record MDR17 - Mesolithic flint scatter, Laddow Rocks, Tintwistle
Type and Period (1)
- FLINT SCATTER (Late Mesolithic - 7000 BC to 4001 BC)
- None recorded
At Laddow Rocks an unspecified number of unretouched Mesolithic blades and flakes together with about 2 scrapers and 2 microliths were found on a flat west of Crowden Great Brook. Now in the F. Hepworth Collection. (1)
- --- SDR24634 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1991. North Peak ESA: Tintswintle Moor Survey, Interim Report.
- <1> SDR16368 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J J (ed). 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic Sites in England and Wales: Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Research Report 20.
- <2> SDR14273 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 3388. 3388.
- <3> SDR7434 Bibliographic reference: Radley, J. Information from Radley, J regarding flint scatters and finds, unknown date.
|Grid reference||SE 057 010 (point) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||TINTWISTLE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 28 2022 10:43PM