Chapel of King Charles the Martyr. Built 1876-1877 by the 7th Duke of Devonshire on the site of the 17th century chapel of the same name (see SMR 11615). Decorated, with a tower. (1)
Cox described it as 'A handsome new church, a little to the west of the old building' and noted that it was consecrated on All Saints' Day, 1878. (2)
Grade II listed Church, built 1876-1877 by H Cockbain for the 7th Duke of Devonshire's Peak Forest estate, and replacing the 17th century chapel which formerly stood on the site [for full description see listed building record]. (3)
Bibliographic reference: Cox, J C. 1879. Notes on the Churches of Derbyshire, Vol IV. p 509.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 113 792 (26m by 16m) (Centre)
PEAK FOREST, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 2 2010 3:31PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.