Monument record MDR1749 - Lynchets, Peter Dale, south-east of Curlew Lodge, Wheston
Type and Period (2)
- RECTILINEAR ENCLOSURE (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- LYNCHET (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 125 760: PETER DALE, LYNCHETS Narrow lyncheted fields in Peter Dale, possibly Roman. (1,2). SK 1264 7586. Peter Dale Lynchets. This area is comprised of possible lynchets and possible rectilinear enclosures. The Romano-British date is fairly unlikely [suggesting they are Medieval to post Medieval in date?]. (3).
- <1> SDR10603 Index: NDAT. 2057. 2057.
- <2> SDR17288 Archive: Butcher, L H. 1":1mile map; Roman Sites in North Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and Staffordshire, Sheffield City Museum Collection. Acc. No. SHEFM:1976.1061 D13.
- <3> SDR19428 Unpublished document: Bevan, B (PDNPA). 2000. Peak District Romano-British Rural Upland Settlement Survey, 1998-1000. 3 vols.. No. 022, pp 19-20.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1266 7581 (98m by 295m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WHESTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 13 2015 9:14AM