Monument record MDR1807 - Lime Kiln, 350m east of Rockend Farm, Tideswell
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Tudor to Georgian - 1540 AD to 1799 AD?)
- None recorded
(1) Triple Pye Kiln Recorded as an 'old limekiln' on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. (4). The limekiln has been plotted using this map. There is no kiln recorded at the grid reference originally supplied (SK 1354 7804), therefore it is unclear if the kiln plotted is the same as the one recorded above. (4).
- <1> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. Hill, R: 1986: C244.
- <2> SDR13032 Unpublished document: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1986. Limekiln Survey 1985 and 1986. No 365, Neg 165.
- <3> SDR12802 Personal Observation: Heron, M. 1991. Pers. Comm..
- <4> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <5> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1385 7811 (33m by 40m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:29AM