Monument record MDR1879 - Enclosure wall (site of), 243m north-east of Water Hole Farm, Tideswell
Type and Period (2)
- BANK (EARTHWORK) (Undated)
- WALL (Tudor to Victorian - 1540 AD to 1841 AD)
- None recorded
Aerial photograph cropmark showing as a long bank. (3,4) This feature is actually the line of a wall shown on a plan to the Enclosure award of 1821. The wall had been removed by the time of the the Tithe award of 1844. (1,2,5)
- <1> SDR16716 Machine readable data file: 1821. Wheston and Tideswell Enclosure Plan. DRO Q/RI 100.
- <2> SDR16717 Machine readable data file: 1844. Tideswell Tithe Award Plan. DRO D2360 DL 1006 (XM4/7).
- <3> SDR1350 Aerial Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). 1970. Aerial Photograph: 120.70.423.
- <4> SDR14228 Index: NDAT. 2857. 2857.
- <5> SDR16715 Personal Observation: Smith, K. 1996. Pers. Comm.. 31. 1. 96.
|Grid reference||SK 1543 7646 (point) Centre|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 13 2022 3:03PM