Site record MDR19375 - Dalebrook House, Brampton
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)
- None recorded
Dalebrook House, Brampton. Partially extant 19th century farmstead. The farmstead is formed of a regular courtyard with multiple yards. The farmhouse is detached with gable on to the yard. The site is in an isolated location. There has been a partial loss (less than 50%) of traditional buildings. (1) (2) (3) (4) Mapping evidence suggests that the farmstead was first built sometime before 1840 with a 'T-shaped' group of farmbuildings to the west of a farmhouse. Sometime before 1875 the farm buildings were rearranged into a 'U-shaped' group and the farmhouse enlarged. The surveyor identified 7 phases of development of the farm buildings, from the early 19th century to the later 20th century. (5)
- --- SDR24775 Unpublished document: Edgar, J. 2015. Barn, Cowsheds & Outbuildings, Dalebrook Farm, Eastmoor: Heritage Statement.
- <1> SDR23696 Digital data: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Digital Dataset.
- <2> SDR23697 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Character Statements.
- <3> SDR23698 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Project Report.
- <4> SDR23699 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Design Guidance.
- <5> SDR24756 Unpublished document: Empsall, J (ARS). 2021. Historic Building Recording of Dalebrook Farm, Eastmoor.
No mapped location recorded.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Local Authority||NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
|Civil Parish||BRAMPTON, NORTH EAST DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 30 2021 10:09AM