Monument record MDR1979 - Cross Base, 434m east of Elm Tree House, Wormhill
Type and Period (1)
- CROSS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- None recorded
SK 1273 7449: Stone. (1). The cross is halfway along a field wall, situated on the south side on a plinth of stones. Now only the base remains. (2). Medieval gritstone cross-base similar to that on Wind Low (SMR 15643) with a 0.35m square shaft hole. Located in a field called 'Gospel Tree' on the 1849 tithe apportionment. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <2> SDR12802 Personal Observation: Heron, M. 1991. Pers. Comm..
- <3> SDR19109 Bibliographic reference: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1985. Peak Park Treasures. Hart, C; B516.
- <4> SDR14187 Index: NDAT. 2547. 2547.
- <5> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 15652.1-2.
- <6> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 1978: 4.20a-21a.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1274 7450 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||WORMHILL, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 22 2008 2:45PM