Monument record MDR2015 - Stocks, Wormhill Village, Wormhill
Type and Period (1)
- STOCKS (Georgian to 21st Century - 1729 AD to 2050 AD)
- None recorded
Restored stocks in Wormhill Village. Inscribed on side stones, "R.L. 1729", possibly Richard or Robert Longden of Em Tree Farm. (1). Double stocks with a bench seat. Slight damage to right side. Situated on the northern end of a grass verge. (2). Photographic record. (3,4).
- <1> SDR14219 Index: NDAT. 2595. 2595.
- <2> SDR12802 Personal Observation: Heron, M. 1991. Pers. Comm..
- <3> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 15912.1.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 4.16a-17a; 1978: 23.16a-17a.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1228 7428 (8m by 19m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||WORMHILL, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 19 2015 3:34PM