Monument record MDR2053 - Possible barrow, West Low, Long Meadow Lane, Litton
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
West Low, near Litton, is listed as a barrow. (1). [Area SK 1615 7418 based on the Tithe Map?] This site may have been postulated on place name evidence only. There is no evidence now of there ever having been a barrow here. (4)
- <1> SDR15334 Map: 1847. Title Maps & Apportionment Litton.
- <1> SDR16985 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1861. Ten Years' Diggings in Celtic and Saxon Grave Hills. p 296.
- <3> SDR6348 Personal Observation: F1 JB 01-FEB-66.
- <4> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 2:J.
- <5> SDR14221 Index: NDAT. 2634. 2634.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1610 7421 (258m by 221m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||LITTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 21 2015 9:54AM