Building record MDR2120 - Hosiery workshop, Farcroft Barn, Litton
Type and Period (1)
- WORKSHOP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK: 164 749: Litton, Hosiery Workshop, Post Medieval in date: A two storey workshop, with a long top floor window, adjoining a house. Once a hosiery workshop, it is one of the few surviving workshops of this type in upland Derbyshire. (1,2)
- <1> SDR14602 Index: NDAT. 1414.
- <2> SDR13912 Personal Observation: Smith, D M (Manchester University). 1960. Pers. Comm..
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Derbyshire XVI.9.
- <4> SDR19111 Index: Council for British Archaeology (CBA). CBA Industrial Archaeology Report Card. hosiery workshop, Litton.
|Grid reference||SK 16431 74891 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LITTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 21 2015 9:52AM