Monument record MDR2135 - Romano-British settlement site, Meadow Lane, Tideswell
Type and Period (2)
- LYNCHET (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- SETTLEMENT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
SK 150 738: Tideswell, Lynchets: Narrow lynchetted fields, possibly Celtic fields. (1,2). SK 1482 7370: Romano-British settlement. The visible components include clustered, rectangular, ovoid and round buildings and platforms, vague building walls, lynchets and earthen banks, rectilinear, irregular and sub-circular enclosures, terraces and possible gateways. The dating was based upon the enclosures, platforms and surface finds of Romano-British pottery. (3).
- <1> SDR14628 Index: NDAT. 1903.
- <2> SDR17288 Archive: Butcher, L H. 1":1mile map; Roman Sites in North Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and Staffordshire, Sheffield City Museum Collection. Acc. No. SHEFM:1976.1061 D13.
- <3> SDR19428 Unpublished document: Bevan, B (PDNPA). 2000. Peak District Romano-British Rural Upland Settlement Survey, 1998-1000. 3 vols.. No. 104, pp 71-72.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 147 737 (314m by 168m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||TIDESWELL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 17 2011 4:00PM