Monument record MDR2186 - Gibraltar Bridge, Nags Head Public House, Edale
Type and Period (1)
- PACKHORSE BRIDGE (Stuart to Georgian - 1700 AD to 1800 AD)
A very narrow stone footbridge to the rear of the Nags Head Public House is a former packhorse bridge. (1) Gibraltar Bridge is a narrow packhorse bridge of 18th century type with a single arched span. The bridge links Grindsbrook Booth with the footpath to Ollerbrook Booth and Nether Booth beyond. (4)
- <1> SDR4797 Bibliographic reference: desc Text : PPJPB : PPT : Fifield, Peter (PPJPB), 4.7.77 D119.
- <2> SDR13026 Photograph: PPJPB.
- <3> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 507.1.
- <4> SDR18469 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J (PDNPA). 1993. Edale Valley Archaeological Survey, 1993. p 20, Feature 138.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1233 8602 (8m by 7m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||EDALE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 22 2015 9:17AM