Lynchet to the north and bank to the south marking the sites of removed field boundaries of post-medieval and possibly earlier date. The lynchet and bank are up to 0.3m high. The lynchet is not marked on any available map, suggesting it went out of use before 1880, the date of the earliest map to show all field boundaries. The bank is shown as a field boundary on the Ordnance survey 1880. It was removed sometime after 1922. (1)
Unpublished document: Taylor, H (PDNPA). 1999. Rowson House Farm, Monyash, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1999. Feature No. 7; p. 4.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 0739 8125 (159m by 97m)
CHAPEL EN LE FRITH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 1 2017 2:36PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.