Monument record MDR2280 - Linacre Field lead mining remains, Rowter Farm, Castleton
Type and Period (7)
- LEAD MINE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MINE SHAFT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COE (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDING CIRCLE (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- RAKE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LIME KILN (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- DRESSING FLOOR (Stuart to Victorian - 1650 AD to 1900 AD)
- <1> SDR13550 Personal Observation: Rieuwerts, J & Willies, L. 1988. Pers. Comm..
- <2> SDR4754 Bibliographic reference: Ford, T & Rieuwerts, J. 1983. Lead Mining in the Peak District, 3rd edition. pp 48-49.
- <3> SDR6958 Article in serial: Green A H. 1887. The Geology of North Derbyshire (BGS).
- <4> SDR16407 Article in monograph: Rieuwerts, J. 1987. History & Gazetteer of the Lead Mine Soughs of Derbyshire.
- <5> SDR18122 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 2000. Scheduling Notification: Slitherstone and Linacre lead mines and a limekiln 725m south-west of Rowter Farm. 29963. SMR Cat. No.469.
- <6> SDR19856 Unpublished document: Bevan, B & Sidebottom, P (PDNPA). 1995. Rowter Farm, Castleton & Woodside Farm, Oxlow End, Peak Forest, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1995. pp 13-15.
- <7> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. Site 9, pp 16-19.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 128 816 (767m by 483m)|
|Civil Parish||CASTLETON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 23 2015 1:44PM