Monument record MDR2295 - Building Remnants, Perrydale, Peak Forest
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
SK 1119 8009: Perrydale Farm, Building Remnants : Lower portion of one wall of a demolished building incorporated in a field wall at SK 1119 8009. The extant remains indicate a three roomed structure with a mullioned window, three doors and a wall recess. (2) The window style suggests a date of c.1700-1750. Further along the field wall, at SK 1118 8011, is one wall of a small stone shed. Neither building is shown on a map of 1858 which indicates they had been demolished prior to this. The currently extant remains are proposed to be removed in the near future. (1,3)
- <1> SDR8562 Map: 1858. Coalpithole Mine in the Liberty Lordship of Peak Forest (Derbyshire Record Office). 11546/LP67.
- <2> SDR2746 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J and Smith, K. 1989. Perryfoot Farm, Peak Forest, Building Remnants.
- <3> SDR20430 Unpublished document: Bevan, B (PDNPA). 1995. Perrydale, Peak Forest, Derbyshire, archaeological survey, 1995. No. 16, p 10.
- <4> SDR18970 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Black and white photograph collection. 434.0a-4a.
- <5> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 11633.1-7.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1118 8009 (55m by 56m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||PEAK FOREST, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 23 2015 1:05PM