Shippon at Marston Park, Cubley Lane, Marston Montgomery, a mid 19th century building.
The building appears on the Tithe map of 1839. (1)
It was part of a historic fabric survey of the extant farm buildings carried out in 2017: 'Single storey red brick construction of Flemish bond, with irregular (but often three) courses of stretchers, patterned ventilation to the eastern elevation in the brickwork, with a header course to the eaves. The roof is primarily blue plain tile with a small area to the north, of the western pitch, of red plain tile; western pitch is in an extremely poor state. There is a plinth of sandstone to the north of the western elevation of sizable pieces of stone. The four windows to the western elevation (in a derelict state), are timber casements with top-opening sashes – (bottom hung), under external flat brick header lintels with engineering brick cills. The door to the western elevation is missing, although the opening remains, exhibiting bullnose jambs to the internal face. The eastern elevation has two doors: timber door hung with strap hinges to the south under a brick header arch, with bullnose bricks to the internal jambs, and a sliding timber door to the north, which is likely to be a 20th century intervention. There is a blocked doorway to the northern elevation, which is currently a window, under a brick header arch, the design of which appears to be the primary aesthetic.
Southern elevation has a dentiled gable (corresponding with Barn 4 on the opposing side of the farmyard) with a window under a header brick arch (the window is missing). Interior: The overall structure appears coeval and is divided internal to provide storage to the southern end and pig-stys to the northern. This internal division appears on the 1880 –1881 map [1st edition 25"OS map], and may be primary, providing a calf-house to the larger portion and an isolation bay to the southern end. The barn comprises 6 bays: 2-bays to the southern part, divided (as mentioned above) from the remaining 4-bays. The 5 king-post-trusses (each resting of brick piers) comprise some primary and some re-used timbers, with empty mortises. The roof is hipped to the northern end, and has a single row of back purlins on blocks, which are likely to be primary and could possibly pre-date the trusses, however – equally, could be re-used timbers. The machine cut rafters and battens appear coeval to the trusses, with a single modern roof light. The floors are concrete screed. The roof to the southern end is in a poor state of repair, (which is the case throughout the building) with rafters and felt to the eastern pitch and exposed battens and rafters to the western pitch.' (2)