Building record MDR2329 - Aston Hall, Aston Lane, Aston
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Elizabethan to Unknown - 1578 AD)
- Listed Building (II)
SK 1857 8394: Aston Hall, 1578 and later: Aston Hall (NAT) (1) Aston Hall is a 2-storey, 5-bay stone house with attic and stone stacks. The date 1578 appears on the front and most of the house is of this period. One of the rooms contains a good fireplace with columns. Aston Hall is listed as being of special architectural or historical interest. Grade 2. (2) A private residence - See ground photograph. (3) Aston Hall is very interesting to the architectural historian because of its date . The parapet rises in the middle to a steep gable containing a three-light window. The four-centred arch of the central door is contained between sturdy Roman Doric columns supporting a broken pediment. The two-light windows of the front are perhaps a later addition. (4) Listed Buildings update. (5)
- <1> SDR11926 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1976. 1:10 000.
- <2> SDR5162 Bibliographic reference:
- <3> SDR6119 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 22-SEP-65.
- <4> SDR12891 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner, N. 1979. The Buildings of England: Derbyshire. 2nd ed., revised. p68.
- <5> SDR5419 Bibliographic reference:
- <6> SDR14325 Index: NDAT. NDAT: 0118.. 0118.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1857 8394 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||ASTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 24 2015 9:38AM