Find Spot record MDR2332 - Neolithic polished stone axe, Bradwell Edge, Brough and Shatton
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- None recorded
SK 1833 8051 : Bradwell Edge, Pol. Stone Axe (Neo.): Polished stone axe of a fine-grained stone axe found in 1944 by, and in the possession of Mr. Terence Eyre, of Brough. (1) Sectioned. Group VI, Longdale. (2) The axe is still held by Mr. Eyre who confirmed the approx. find spot as noted. (3) Dimensions: L: mm (7in.) B: mm (1.25in. butt) B: mm (2.25in. cutting edge) Axe found 1/2 a mile SE of Bradwell and 250m (270yds.) N. of Robin Hood's Cross. Sectioned and found to be Group VI Langdale. (4)
- <1> SDR15428 Bibliographic reference:
- <1b> SDR9178 Bibliographic reference:
- <2> SDR7345 Article in serial: Preston, F. Unknown source relating to Neolithic polished stone aex.
- <3> SDR6119 Personal Observation: F1 BHS 22-SEP-65.
- <4> SDR14332 Index: NDAT. NDAT: 0389.. 0389.
- <6> SDR17141 Bibliographic reference: Andrews, M. 1948. Long Ago in Peakland. p11.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 1833 8051 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BROUGH AND SHATTON, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 21 2015 2:52PM