Monument record MDR234 - Hardybarn Farm (site of), Waterswallows, Wormhill
Type and Period (1)
- FARMHOUSE (Georgian to Late 20th Century - 1800 AD to 1977 AD?)
- None recorded
SK 0862 7528: Waterswallows, Hardybarn: Nineteenth century farmhouse, with plastered walls and one stack. Stone slate roof. Later addition with slate roof and stone stack. Two window front. Empty and derelict [in May 1976]. (1) Examination of modern maps indicates that this building has been demolished . (2) The site of a demolished 19th century farmstead known as Hardybarn Farm. The farmstead was of a L-plan with attached house with four sides of the yard formed of agricultural buildings and additional detached elements to the main plan. The farmhouse was attached to the agricultural range. The site was in an isolated location. All traditional buildings have been lost. (3, 4, 5, 6)
- <1> SDR14693 Index: NDAT. 2591. 2591.
- <2> SDR19557 Personal Observation: Stroud, G. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <3> SDR23696 Digital data: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Digital Dataset.
- <4> SDR23697 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Character Statements.
- <5> SDR23698 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Project Report.
- <6> SDR23699 Unpublished document: Historic England. 2016. Peak District National Park Historic Farmsteads Project: Design Guidance.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 0857 7529 (99m by 54m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||WORMHILL, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 15 2017 3:04PM