Find Spot record MDR2441 - Mesolithic flint, Far Black Clough, Charlesworth
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- None recorded
SK 124 989: ?Far Black Clough, Mesolithic Flint: A broad-bladed microlith, burnt flakes and a scraper, were found at a small site on Far Black Clough (SK 124 989), by Mr. F. Hepworth, in June 1963. (1) Nothing of interest was found in an area of peat moorland during a site visit in 1965. Mr. Hepworth was not traced. (2)
- <1> SDR7771 Article in serial: Radley, J. 1963. 'Recent prehistoric finds in the Peak District', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 83. p. 97.
- <2> SDR6306 Bibliographic reference: F1 FRH 10-SEP-65.
- <3> SDR14973 Index: OS. SK 19 NW 4. SK 19 NW 4.
- <4> SDR14442 Index: NDAT. NDAT: 0654.. 0654.
- <5> SDR16368 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J J (ed). 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic Sites in England and Wales: Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Research Report 20.
- <6> SDR1742 Artifact: Hepworth, F. Finds held at 8 Hole House Lane, Stocksbridge.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 124 989 (100m by 100m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||CHARLESWORTH, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 22 2017 4:53PM