Monument record MDR2513 - Cropmarks and artefact scatter, c 400m west of Warren Hill, Walton upon Trent
Type and Period (2)
- PIT ALIGNMENT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- ARTEFACT SCATTER (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- None recorded
SK 224186, Air photograph shows cropmarks of a pit alignment with a possible bend in it, running towards the River Trent. (1, 2) Nothing visible on OS air photographs of 1967. (2) A pot and flint scatter (flint density 2.2 per ha) was identified in this field during fieldwalking carried out as part of an MSC-funded programme, the South Derbyshire Archaeological Survey (SDAS) between 1986 and 1988. Flint material included five flakes and an amount of flint waste. (4, 5)
- <1> SDR15773 Index: TPAT. 2197. 2197.
- <2> SDR1010 Aerial Photograph: 1963. Hunting series of aerial photographs (Staffordshire). AP no. 6470, 6626.
- <3> SDR1468 Aerial Photograph: 1967. APs (OS 67/015 218-9 1.4.67).
- <4> SDR13672 Bibliographic reference: SDAS Archive Box 4 - doc 3i.
- <5> SDR19511 Unpublished document: Wardle, C. 1987-8. The South Derbyshire Archaeological Survey. Document 1. Introduction to Project and Survey Area.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 224 187 (388m by 295m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||WALTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 3 2016 10:39AM