Find Spot record MDR26 - Mesolithic flint, Withens Moor, Tintwistle
Type and Period (1)
- LITHIC SCATTER (Late Mesolithic - 7000 BC to 4001 BC)
- None recorded
An unspecified number of Mesolithic flints, consisting of cores and blades or flakes, were found on an erosion patch on Heydon Moor. Now in the F. Hepworth collection. (1) Microlith and blade cores, unretouched blades and flakes found reportedly on Britland Edge Hill, in an erosion patch, by F. Hepworth. (2-3)
- <1> SDR16368 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J J (ed). 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic Sites in England and Wales: Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Research Report 20.
- <2> SDR14777 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 3395. 3395.
- <3> SDR1742 Artifact: Hepworth, F. Finds held at 8 Hole House Lane, Stocksbridge.
- <4> SDR7458 Bibliographic reference: Radley, J. Information from J Radley regarding Mesolithic finds on Withens Moor.
|Grid reference||Centred SE 104 025 (100m by 100m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||TINTWISTLE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 26 2015 4:17PM