Monument record MDR2611 - The Burton and Ashby Light Railway (route of), Bretby, Woodville and Swadlincote
Type and Period (1)
(Edwardian to Early 20th Century - 1906 AD to 1926 AD)
Loading documents & images
The Burton & Ashby Light Railway, a narrow gauge electric "inter-urban" tramway was owned by the Midland Railway. It was built in 1906 and closed in 1926, but a dilapidated wrought iron column bearing a coat of arms and the legend "Midland Railway Company" remains. (1)
The course of the railway is shown on the 3rd edition of the OS 25" map. (2)
Bibliographic reference: CBA Panel on Indust Mons 1975 3.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1912-1921. OS County Series, 3rd edition (Second Revision), scale 1:2500 (25" to one mile).
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 305 192 (6585m by 4628m) (Linear)
BRETBY, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
WOODVILLE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
SWADLINCOTE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 21 2019 1:07PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.