Find Spot record MDR27 - Mesolithic flint, Withens Moor, Tintwistle
Type and Period (1)
- LITHIC SCATTER (Late Mesolithic - 7000 BC to 4001 BC)
- None recorded
An unspecified number of Mesolithic blades or flakes and cores from an erosion patch on Heydon Moor are also in the F. Hepworth Collection. (1) Microlith and blade cores, found in an erosion patch by F. Hepworth, or reportedly on Britland Edge Hill which is some distance north and west of the NGR quoted. (2)
- <1> SDR16368 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J J (ed). 1977. Gazetteer of Mesolithic Sites in England and Wales: Council for British Archaeology (CBA) Research Report 20.
- <2> SDR14776 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index: 3394. 3394.
- <3> SDR1742 Artifact: Hepworth, F. Finds held at 8 Hole House Lane, Stocksbridge.
- <4> SDR7459 Verbal communication: Radley, J. Information regarding flint from Withens Moor, Tintwistle.
|Grid reference||Centred SE 1030 0220 (10m by 10m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||TINTWISTLE, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 29 2015 12:45PM