Monument record MDR2837 - Former cheese factory, Grangemill, Ivonbrook Grange
Type and Period (3)
- CHEESE FACTORY (Former Type) (Victorian - 1875 AD to 1900 AD)
- WORKSHOP (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1901 AD to 2050 AD)
- SHOP (Early 20th Century to 21st Century - 1901 AD to 2050 AD)
SK 243577. A cheese factory consisting of a long two storey limestone building with gritstone quoins. Its foundation stones were laid in 1875. (1) (3). Grade II listed former cheese factory and now shop and furniture workshop. To the south at floor level there is a stone inscribed 'This stone was laid by Teresa C Chandos Pole Gell, Hopton Hall. March 20th 1875'. (2).
- <1> SDR3844 Bibliographic reference: 1975. Council of British Archaeology Panel on Industrial Monuments. p 14. p14.
- <2> SDR19551 Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
- <3> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 243 576 (11m by 26m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||IVONBROOK GRANGE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM