SK 243577. A cheese factory consisting of a long two storey limestone building with gritstone quoins. Its foundation stones were laid in 1875. (1) (3).
Grade II listed former cheese factory and now shop and furniture workshop. To the south at floor level there is a stone inscribed 'This stone was laid by Teresa C Chandos Pole Gell, Hopton Hall. March 20th 1875'. (2).
Bibliographic reference: 1975. Council of British Archaeology Panel on Industrial Monuments. p 14. p14.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 243 576 (11m by 26m) (Centre)
IVONBROOK GRANGE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.