Monument record MDR2849 - Lead working, Roystone Grange, Ballidon
Type and Period (1)
- LEAD WORKINGS (Late Neolithic to Roman - 3000 BC to 409 AD)
- <1> SDR4641 Article in serial: Hodges, R & Wildgoose, M. 1981. 'Roman or Native in the White Peak: The Roystone Grange Project and its Regional Implications' Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 101. pp 42-57, fig plate plan.
- <2> SDR4652 Article in serial: Hodges, R, Poulter, M & Wildgoose, M. 1982. 'The Medieval Grange at Roystone Grange' Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 102. pp 88-100, fig plan plate.
- <3> SDR4671 Article in serial: Hodges, R & Wildgoose, M. 1991. 'Roystone Grange: Excavations of the Cistercian Grange 1980-1987', Derbyshire Archaeological Journal. Volume 111. pp 46-50, fig plan plate.
- <4> SDR7214 Bibliographic reference: Hodges, R (University of Sheffield). 1991. Wall-to-Wall History: The Story of Roystone Grange.
- <5> SDR16536 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduling Notification. 29830. Cat. No.: 413.
- <6> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
- <7> SDR23288 Article in serial: Barnatt, J. 1999. 'Prehistoric and Roman mining in the Peak District- present knowledge and future research', Mining History: The Bulletin of the Peak District Mines Historical Society.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 200 565 (159m by 233m) (Multiple Site Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BALLIDON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 13 2015 12:44PM