Monument record MDR3171 - Lime kiln (site of), 670m east of Moor Farm, Bonsall
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Collapsed kiln in which the draw tunnel had been almost filled and the furnace chamber was filled. (1,2). The kiln was plotted on the map using the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition map. (3,4).
- <1> SDR19102 Unpublished document: Hill, R (PPJPB). Peak Park Treasure. C213.
- <2> SDR13032 Unpublished document: Hill, R (PPJPB). 1986. Limekiln Survey 1985 and 1986. incl. Photo.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 2583 5911 (16m by 18m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||BONSALL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 24 2015 11:27AM