Site record MDR3252 - Lead mining remains, Carsington Pasture, Carsington
Type and Period (3)
- <1> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. (un-numbered).
- <2> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 11.1.
- <3> SDR15351 Article in serial: Preston, F. L.. 1961. Transactions of the Hunter Archaeological Society 1961. Volume 8 Part 3. p162.
- <4> SDR19656 Article in serial: Slack, R. 1992. 'Mines and boundary stones at Carsington Pasture', Bulletin of the Peak District Mines Historical Society. Volume 11, No. 6, pp 275-276.
- <5> SDR19821 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2004. An Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District. Vol. 2: Corpus of Sites. Site 119, pp 167-169.
- <6> SDR19726 Article in serial: Heathcote, C (PDMHS). 2005. 'Peak District mines, observations and discoveries, part 13', Peak District Mines Historical Society Newsletter. p 10.
- <7> SDR20193 Unpublished document: Oxford Archaeology North. 2006. An archaeological desk-based assessment and rapid visual inspection of the proposed development area for a wind farm at Carsington, near Matlock, Derbyshire (NGR 424824, 354269). p 8-10, Plates 5, 6.
- <8> SDR20194 Unpublished document: Rieuwerts, J. 2006. The History of Lead Mining on a part of Carsington Pastures: Exploitation of Pocket Sand Deposits and the Overall Geological Setting. SMR Doc. No. 1024.
- <9> SDR20195 Unpublished document: Wirksworth Mines Research Group. 2006. A draft survey of lead mining activity in the vicinity of the four proposed turbines on Carsington Pastures. SMR Doc. No. 1025.
- <10> SDR20485 Unpublished document: Brightman, J, Burrill, C, Sandiford, T & Shakarian, J (ARS). 2008. Carsington Pasture Derbyshire. Report on Pre-Determination Archaeological Evaluation Work.
- <11> SDR21479 Scheduling record: English Heritage. 2013. Scheduling Notification: Carsington Pasture, Nickalum, Perseverance, West Head, Break Hollow and other small mines and medieval field boundaries. List entry no. 1412922.
- <12> SDR21540 Bibliographic reference: Barnatt, J. 2005. Updated Inventory of Regionally & Nationally Important Lead Mining Sites in the Peak District.. p 3 & 5, site no. 119.
- <13> SDR18788 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 1997. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part IV. Derbyshire Dales.
- <14> SDR24559 Unpublished document: Brightman, J and T Sandiford (ARS Ltd). 2008. A Contour and Walkover Survey of Carsington Pasture, Derbyshire.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 24 54 (2126m by 1409m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CARSINGTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (6)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 13 2020 8:50PM