Primitive Methodist chapel, dated 1832, small building in red brick with round arched windows and high pointed roof. (1)
Small chapel, brick built, with a hipped roof and round headed, twelve-lighted windows. Built 1832. An early example, still standing in its original state. Although now a small village, Kniveton was until 1860 the head of the circuit until the building of a large chapel at Wirksworth resulted in a change. (2)
The building is not marked as a place of worship on modern mapping . (3)
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(b).1, with photos.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 2079 5010 (11m by 9m) (Approximate)
KNIVETON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 10 2015 11:41AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.