Find Spot record MDR3761 - Axe-hammer, Harthill Moor, Harthill
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Two stone axes found on Harthill Moor in unknown years. [One recorded already in SMR 6709]. (1,7). Neolithic/Bronze Age axe hammer, categorised as Group XV, found on Harthill Moor in 1860. (2,3,5-7). No further information. (4)
- <1> SDR2903 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1848. Vestiges of the Antiquities of Derbyshire. p6.
- <2> SDR2980 Bibliographic reference: Bateman, T. 1855. Descriptive Catalogue of the Antiquities at Lomberdale House. G407.
- <3> SDR7282 Bibliographic reference: Howarth, E. 1899. Catalogue of the Bateman Collection of Antiquities in the Sheffield Public Museum. p3.
- <4> SDR6244 Personal Observation: F1 FDC 14-FEB-66.
- <5> SDR13580 Article in serial: Roe, F and Radley, J. 1967. 'Pebble mace-heads with hour-glass perforations from Yorks, Notts & Derbys', Yorkshire Archaeology Journal. Volume 42. pp 171,177.
- <6> SDR13256 Article in serial: Moore, C N and Cummins, W A. 1974. 'Petrological identification of stone implements from Derbyshire and Leicestershire' Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society. p69. pp 70-71.
- <7> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. 1035.
|Grid reference||SK 21 62 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||HARTHILL, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 16 2007 1:39PM