Monument record MDR3765 - Strip lynchets, 400m south-west of Hopping Farm, Youlgreave
Type and Period (1)
- STRIP LYNCHET (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
[SK 202 635] Set of strip lynchets, seven main, with three above, north of Hopping Farm. (1,3). Lynchets attain a maximum height of 0.8 metres. (2,3). Photographic record. (4). There are three large lynchets, one running east-west at the edge of the ridge and furrow, another runing north-south, and a third coming off the second at right angles as a bank and then as a lynchet running east-west. The lynchets here are evidence of earlier boundaries and some may well be evidenc eof medieval cultivation. (5).
- <1> SDR1152 Aerial Photograph: Royal Air Force (RAF). 1957. Aerial photograph: F.22 58/RAF/2315/0316-7.
- <2> SDR6392 Personal Observation: F1 JB 25-MAY-66.
- <3> SDR10000 Index: North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust (NDAT). North Derbyshire Archaeological Trust Index. 2121.
- <4> SDR18971 Photograph: Peak District National Park Authority (PDNPA). Slide Collection. 15729.1.
- <5> SDR20209 Unpublished document: Taylor, H (PDNPA). 1997. Land belonging to Meadow Place Grange, Middleton and Smerrill and Youlgreave, Derbyshire. No. 36, pp 18-19, illus..
|Grid reference||Centred SK 200 628 (402m by 169m) (Centre)|
|Civil Parish||YOULGREAVE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 27 2017 3:59PM